Pages



Thursday, February 4, 2016

Oh Baby!

Everything right now is surreal. I have wanted this for so long that now that it's finally happened I don't believe it. I'm pregnant. I am going to be a mom. It's been 3.5 years of trying, 2 years with fertility drugs, 1 major surgery, and about 1 million prayers. The words to describe my excitement don't seem good enough to explain what I am feeling. When I woke up today it was just like any other month wondering if it might be this time but trying not to get my hopes up. Against my better judgement I decided to take a pregnancy test (I have done this in previous months too, something about just waiting makes it so difficult). Previous attempts resulted in waiting 2 full minutes, sometimes more, and intently staring at the window to determine if I can make out any faint lines. This morning when I looked at the test, there was nothing faint about that bright pink second line. I had to do a double take of the instructions and then triple check I was reading the result right. Pregnant 2 lines. In shock and unbelief I began to cry in the early morning hours on my bathroom floor. Nathan still asleep in our bed had no idea what was happening. We both assumed some of the things I was experiencing were precursors to my monthly cycle beginning again. I decided that I would call my doctor first to determine if this is real before telling Nathan. While dazed I managed to get dressed and leave for work. I immediately called my doctors nurse, leaving some ridiculous message about the test result and what I needed to do next. When we were finally able to talk,  the doctor ordered for me to have  a blood test to determine things officially. Work never has seemed to go so slow, I left for the doctors office. They quickly took my blood sample and told me I would have results the next day. After what seemed forever the results were in and it was confirmed that based on my hormone levels I was somewhere around 4-5 weeks pregnant. I am so over-the-moon happy! Now all I had to do is tell Nathan. I thought it was fitting that I would tell him using a Doctor Who reference! Honestly I had no idea what to expect of Nathan's reaction, I didn't think he would believe me. We both cried! Our heads are spinning as we prepare for first scheduled ultrasound next week! We are Totally Stoked to be having you join our family.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished