Pages



Sunday, September 16, 2012

It’s all about hygiene…dental hygiene



So on Friday I had my first real job! I don’t count those retail and babysitting jobs I’ve done, because now I have a degree. As of this May I completed my college education and now I have a paper to prove it! I graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Dental Hygiene. The actual program itself was only 2 years long, but it has taken me six years since graduating high school to accomplish this. “And you only received your Bachelor degree?” I know I know, but let me tell you it was not easy and I could not be prouder of myself. 

Now I have just been looking for the perfect job (well any job to be realistic J). It has been tough to find a hygiene position, but I was lucky enough to be called into an office as a substitute. I was thrilled, but tried to show my professionalism by not jumping up-and-down screaming YAY!!!!!! The office scheduled me two clients for routine prophy’s (cleanings). I know that thru school I have completed several of these, but I was still really nervous. Needless to say I did not sleep much the night before. In my mind, I was reviewing all that my teachers had told me as they came to review my work…telling myself that I could not forget to do that and so on…for the Whole NIGHT! 

Well I looked great for my first day anyways; my mom had purchased my first scrub top to wear! It was such a nice change from my faded black scrubs from school. Well I arrived on time and kept to my schedule with both of my clients. I was actually surprised at how fast and easy my knowledge came back to me. It was weird at first to not have my teachers glancing over my shoulder, but once I began working I found that I felt calm and confident. Both clients and the dentist seemed to think I did a good job, so I am hoping that I will get future calls for substitute work (or better yet a full-time job!) My husband was so considerate and gave me a huge hug to celebrate my successful day. On top of that he had a beautiful vase of flowers delivered to Ashley Stokes RDH (Registered Dental Hygienist)! I love Nathan and all the support he gives me. What a perfect day and hopefully more like it in the future!

My first day of work in my new scrub top! Thanks mom!


I even dressed up my ears for the occasion.
Look how cute these are! 
Shout out to Stephanie who made them.

What a thoughtful husband to give me flowers <3









No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished