Pages



Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Grass is Greener

 SO.....better late than never. This spring Nathan and I have been working hard to get our yard all finished up. It certainly has been very busy work, but its finally starting to look like a yard.  There was a lot of prep work involved including weeding. (not my favorite part). Nathan designed a sprinkler system set-up and then with the help from myself and our parents we got the pipes all laid and set. It took us all day and we were exhausted and a little sun burned. We just had to cross our fingers that it would all work perfectly, and  I must say Nathan did a fantastic job because it did. After all that we smoothed and prepped the dirt to eventually take some sod. The weather was not in our favor and we had to wait, it was very frustrating. That saying "the grass is always greener in somebody else's yard" never held more truth to it. We were surrounded by beautiful greening yards while we had a yard of dirt. However, my trip to Texas to visit my beautiful friend Katelin allowed me to relax and forget out stressing over the yard. Honestly by the time it was time to come home I kinda had put the yard out of my mind. That is it was until Nathan pulled up to our house after picking me up from the airport to see a finished yard! I mean there was green grass where all the dirt used to be! Granted I wasn't able to fully appreciate it until the next morning since I got into town so late, but I was thrilled. Nathan was so sweet and secretive to invite friends, family, and the ward members to come help him lay the sod before I was due back. Such a sweet anniversary gift! It is weird though that I get so excited over grass or a tree for the yard or something for the house. I am so thankful to my husband all those who came to assist him in this surprise for me. I was very surprised and can't wait for when I come home from another trip for another surprise. 

What a mess we made trenching for the sprinkler system. 


Testing it out...and it works! 

Thats a lot of grass!





A month later we decided to add a tree. Look how green that grass is!

Looks like we have a yard now.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished