Monday, September 22, 2014
That time in Texas
Well the only vacation I had this summer was going to Texas in May to visit my friend Miss Katelin Bringhurst. She and her family were so kind to let me come stay with them for a few days. Nathan was such a good sport to let me go and even dropped me off at the Idaho Falls Airport super early before he had to head into work himself. My main plan was to attend Katelin's baby shower that would be hosted the day I arrived into Texas. (originally I was supposed to just show up to her shower as a surprise, but after talking with Sean we decided it would be less stress if I gave her a heads up). Katelin and Nixon were even kind enough to pick me up from the airport. I got a quick little tour to their house and then we all met up with Sean to eat at Dickys BBQ. So yummy! Afterwards Katelin had to go into work for a couple of hours, which left Nixon and me to play. What a cute little man she has he was so polite and we enjoyed some time at the park, building a fort, and watching some movies I had brought on the iPad. Once Katelin was finished with work, we both got cleaned up before heading over to her shower. Wow, people in Texas know how to throw a party. There was tons of homemade food, more than I could eat. Everyone was so nice to let me crash the shower and it was so fun to see Katelin get showered with all these cute baby girl outfits. We called it a night after the shower, just the right timing because I was exhausted from traveling. The next day we dropped nixon off at preschool and went shopping for a few hours, which continued after we picked Nixon back up. What can I say except there is several huge malls with multiple levels of stores. I was in heaven! That night we ate dinner at a restaurant that I can't recall the name of, followed by dessert, the famous Texas ice cream and a movie at the Bringhurst's home. My last full day in Texas we spent touring the area. I was able to see the University, as well as some sports arenas, the big mansions downtown. These houses were huge and so unique and vintage looking. We spent some time in Sundance Square, where nixon was able to play in the splash park, before heading to the Stockyards. What a fun touristy spot. We went around to all the shops and ate dinner while watching the cowboys walk the big longhorns down the main street. To end the night we stopped by the temple and walked the temple grounds. It is so cool that they are so close to the temple there. The next morning I had to get ready for my trip home. I was so sad to say goodbye, too bad we didn't live a little closer. But I loved my time in Texas with my friend and her family, I want to make it a yearly trip! Especially now since the Bringhurst family has added a beautiful baby girl named Navy. I look forward to visiting again! Thanks Sean, Katelin, Nixon, and Navy!





No comments :
Post a Comment