Pages



Sunday, March 24, 2013

Counting the ways "I Love You"

So Valentine's is always a big holiday that Nathan and I try to show each other how much we love and appreciate one another. When we were in high school we sent each other sweet little tokens of our affection to one another and still even while Nathan was serving in Brazil. Here are some of the pictures of things I have done in years past for Valentines day.

1⃣ I decorated some these cookies and surprised him with them in his lunch box 2⃣ this little puppy delivered a kiss to Nathan while he was serving in Brazil. 3⃣ I filled a jar full of hearts all with things I love about Nathan or things that remind me of him 4⃣ I gave him a picture of me in a heart decorated frame. All of these are things I have done to tell my sweet husband I love him! ❌⭕❌⭕



This year I was trying to be clever and unique to surprise him. So we planned that it would work better with both our schedules if instead of celebrating on the 14th that we go out the day before. I was so excited and went to Nathan's office to leave his valentine surprise so that he would see it the next day before our date. I am impressed with my abilities to cut all these shapes by hand and I have to say I think it turned out pretty cute. I left his card with a bag full of kisses. Nathan and I have always had a 'thing' for Hershey kisses. To sum up, when we were dating in high school we were sharing some chocolate kisses and we decided that we both loved them so much that we would not share them with just anyone because they are so good. This is the quote that we came up with to describe this.........

"Real kisses are like Hershey kisses, only meant to be shared with Someone Special."

From then on Nathan and I knew that it was only with each other that we would share chocolates or kisses. Well as luck would have it the 13th came around and Nathan was extremely sick. He assured me that he would be fine for our date that night, but I could tell that he was not going to be up for eating anytime soon. He was perking up a bit by the evening and I told him that we could just celebrate another night when he was feeling better. He was so insistent that he had to at least give me my present.  He quickly went to his car where he was hiding it and came back and asked me to join him on the couch. I was curious to see what couldn't wait about this present. Nathan asked me what day it was today and I told him that it was February 13th. He asked why this day was significant and I for the life of me could not figure out what he wanted me to say. Then Nathan explained that today was exactly 1000 days since we had been married! And after he told me this he pulled out a ring box with my wedding ring all clean but on it was another diamond band!!! I couldn't believe it! I was so touched that he had been counting the days we had been married. Needless to say it was the best Valentine's day celebration ever! I was able to take Nathan into the office the next day to see his card and treat I had got him. He laughed out loud and so did all his co-workers! I love being able to make him laugh.
Love this Boy! 

So funny! I loved Nathan's face when he saw this card! 

I love my husband and all that he does for me! 1000 days seems to have flown by and I am excited to continue our journey together. I told Nathan that I can't wait to see what he gets me for our 2000 day anniversary ;) hehe. Well anyways Happy (late) Valentine's Day to all my family and friends.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished